Due Dates (with Advanced Maternal Age)
Did you know that the number one reason for induction in most countries is going past your due date? In this Evidence Based Birth® seminar, packed with facts, you will learn the evidence on induction for reaching the due date and for going past 41-42 weeks. We’ll also cover a bit about “advanced maternal age,” and discuss the actual numbers of increase in stillbirth with older age. Case studies and discussion questions make this a lively seminar that leaves everyone buzzing with excitement. 1.5 nursing contact hours available*
*Evidence Based Birth® is a continuing education provider for the Kentucky Board of Nursing # 7-0081. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications as well as the Certified Professional Midwife credential. We have also applied for 0.15 CEUs from the American College of Nurse Midwives and 1.5 prescribed credits from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Discuss how “Due Dates” are calculated and the accuracy of these calculations
- Describe the risks of going past “due”
- Review the evidence on benefits and risks of induction versus waiting for labor to start on its own
- Describe pros and cons of induction vs. expectant management for advanced maternal age
- Taught by: Stephanie Spitzer-Hanks, ICCE, CD(DONA) and Julie Le CD(DONA)
- Location: Heartsong Music, Village Shopping Center, 2700 W Anderson Ln # 320, Austin, TX 78757
- Tickets: $20-$80 (see Ticket Options below)
- Continuing Education: credit available for nurses. Application is in process for CNM and physician credits.
- Basic: Admission to the 2 hour seminar. $30 (early bird $20)
- Professional: Admission + an EBB lanyard with flash drive loaded with workshop handouts + continuing education credits. + access to a 1-hr recorded training from Evidence Based Birth® founder Rebecca Dekker about induction at 39-40 weeks. $50 (early bird $40)
- Deluxe: Admission + an EBB lanyard with flash drive loaded with workshop handouts and PDFs of 12 EBB articles (a $99 value) + continuing education credits + access to a 1-hr recorded training from Evidence Based Birth® founder Rebecca Dekker about induction at 39-40 weeks + a one month trial of Evidence Based Birth® Professional Membership (a $49 value). $80 (early bird $70)
- Early bird discount ends 5 weeks prior to the event.
- In order to have access to the handouts (available only via flash drive), you must purchase a Professional or Deluxe ticket at least 10 days prior to the event.
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to future workshops or seminars.