Are you passionate about evidence based care, but regularly witness hospital policies taking precedence over your client's choice? It can be frustrating to watch clients receive care that isn’t based on research and not quite knowing how to help.
The Savvy Birth Pro Workshop (3 contact hours) was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give professionals the skills you need to make a genuine difference and help your clients attain the best possible chance at evidence based care during pregnancy and labor.
After attending the 3-hour Savvy Birth Pro Workshop, you will walk away with confidence in your ability to help your clients assert their right to evidence based care in a respectful way that builds bridges, not walls. We believe that the inspirational knowledge you will gain from the Savvy Birth Pro Workshop will have a positive ripple effect that extends to your clients, the professionals you work with, and your community!
You’re no longer alone in the quest to help more families receive respectful, high quality maternity care! The Savvy Birth Pro Workshop does more than provide great skills; it creates a strong community of connected professionals who together share this important mission.
This Savvy Birth Pro Workshop is taught by Stephanie Spitzer-Hanks, ICCE, CD(DONA), CLC and will be scheduled again in early fall of 2017.
Contact hours: By attending the workshop and completing an online evaluation, you will earn a certificate for 3 contact hours from Evidence Based Birth®, a continuing education provider for the Kentucky Board of Nursing # 7-0081. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications, as well as the Certified Professional Midwife credential.
- Define evidence-based care and discuss the difference between evidence-based care and routine care
- Discuss the safety of local birth setting options
- Demonstrate how birthing persons can talk with their providers about research evidence
- Discuss how partners, doulas, and nurses can work together to provide labor support
- Describe the benefits and limitations of birth plans
- Discuss the human and legal rights of birthing persons
- Basic: Admission to the 3 hour workshop. $50 (early bird $40)
- Professional: Admission + an EBB lanyard with flash drive loaded with workshop handouts + 3 nursing contact hours. $75 (early bird $65)
- Deluxe: Admission + an EBB lanyard with flash drive loaded with workshop handouts and PDFs of 12 EBB articles (a $99 value) + 3 nursing contact hours + a one month trial of Evidence Based Birth® Professional Membership (a $49 value). $125 (early bird $95)
- Early bird discount ends 5 weeks prior to the event.
- Deluxe and Professional ticket sales will end 10 days prior to the event. Basic tickets will be available through the day of the event.
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to future workshops or seminars.